Like many home upgrades, a patio door replacement has many bases to cover – but you can make the process simpler by starting with the basics. Which patio door style, for instance, would be right for your home? Explore your options with this quick guide.
The Three Most Popular Patio Door Styles
Patio doors generally come in three types: hinged French, sliding contemporary and sliding French. All three are offered by Renewal by Andersen® of San Francisco, so you’ll have little doubt about their great quality and smooth performance. Your choice will ultimately depend on which patio door best suits your home and your specific needs. Here’s a brief overview:
1. Classic Hinged French Doors
They are recognizable by the multiple glass panes along their length. The popularity of our French doors is not unearned because they can offer the following advantages:
- Wide opening that creates a seamless connection between your interiors and patio – incredibly handy if you love hosting guests
- A clean and simple design that can give any room a timeless elegance. Hinged French patio doors match well with traditional homes like Colonial, Craftsman and Farmhouse
- Available in a wide selection of creative grille patterns that add more to your home’s look
- Come with our 5-point locking system, which offers improved airtightness and increased level of security
2. Sliding Contemporary Doors
If you want something sleeker and more modern, you should consider our sliding contemporary doors. They offer:
- Space-saving benefits. When you open these doors, they will fit neatly to the side. This means they won’t interrupt traffic patterns and furniture placement.
- Thin framing and an expansive glass area that maximizes outdoor views and lets in considerable natural light
- Smooth gliding action via dual ball-bearing rollers with self-contained level adjusters exclusive to Andersen® Corporation
- Effortless door operation that is especially useful for those with difficulties in fine motor skills
3. Sliding French Doors
This option offers the best of both worlds: the classic elegance of French doors combined with the smooth operation and space-saving advantage of sliding doors. They come with a reach-out locking system for improved security, plus a rigid vinyl sheath for a beautiful look. Like the two door options above, our sliding French doors units can be customized with your choice of color combination, hardware finish and grille pattern.
Look no further than Renewal by Andersen of San Francisco for the highest quality solutions to all your patio door replacement needs. We serve Hayward and San Francisco, CA, and the rest of the Bay Area. Call us today at (510) 263-3210, or fill out this contact form to schedule your consultation.