Replacing your exterior doors is a significant home improvement project. Therefore, it’s vital that little to no mistakes are made. Otherwise, you may spend a lot to rectify them.
To help you ensure your door replacement project goes off without a hitch, here are the six mistakes that you need to avoid:
1. Choosing the wrong Color – Color is very important when it comes to picking the right door for your home. As doors play a role in improving and maintaining your home’s curb appeal, you’ll want to ensure that you pick the right door color to match your home’s exterior.
2. Buying only for looks – Yes, the aesthetic appeal of your door is an important factor to consider, but you shouldn’t buy a door solely for its looks. Your doors play an important role in your home’s energy efficiency and security so choose a door that improves these two areas without sacrificing aesthetics.
3. Overcomplicating the installation process – Installing a new door doesn’t have to be a complicated or difficult process, especially with the aid of a professional. With that in mind, if your chosen door installation company is making the installation process harder than it should be, part ways with their contractors, and find a different professional to get the job done instead.
4. Not matching your home’s style – As stated before, your door plays a large role in improving and maintaining your home’s overall aesthetic appeal. With that in mind, avoid choosing the first good looking door that you see, and pick one that matches your home’s architectural style instead.
5. Not doing your research – It’s understandable if the task of picking a new door may seem intimidating to homeowners like yourself to the point that you do away with researching your options. However, lack of research is a mistake that you should always avoid as it can lead to making a poor choice. Therefore, be sure to thoroughly research your options by establishing a budget and making a list of what you like and don’t like for your door.
6. Prioritizing price – As much as possible, avoid prioritizing price when buying a new door as this can lead to the wrong selection for your needs. Focus on value for money instead.
Planning to install replacement windows and doors in your home? Simply turn to Renewal by Andersen® of San Francisco. Give us a call at (510) 263-3210, or fill out our contact form to schedule a FREE consultation. We serve homeowners in San Francisco, CA, and other nearby areas.